- First you might want to install an alternative theme. To do this simply copy the theme files to the /wp-content/themes directory.
- To adjust your theme, login to the Admin page and go to Appearance > Theme Options. Here you will be typically be able to set the favicon, and other branding logos for the site.
- To use your logos instead of some of the default logos, replace the following logos in the wp-admin/images directory: wordpress-logo.png, logo-login.gif
- Go to Appearance > Widgets to add widgets to different areas of your blog site.
There are many useful plugins for your Wordpress site, here are some that I've tried, tested and liked...
- Under Settings > General you can decide what level newly registered users will be, and you can adjust your Blog Title and tag line if you want to.
- Of course you will want to assign different roles to users who want to access your blog. Here is a really useful page that describes the different roles users can have.
Thanks for visiting.