Installing the leading commercial open-source CRM
A CRM is a Customer Relationship Management application and SugarCRM is an excellent example. This article will show you how to get started by installing SugarCRM. This article assumes that you have web hosting sorted.
- Download the latest version.
- Copy the zip file to your web server, extract and rename the newly created folder.
- Create a new MySQL database (called SugarCRM) and add a new user with full permissions.
- Setup your subdomain address as required.
- Browse to your address (eg http://crm.yourdomain.com).
- On the Are you ready to install? screen click Next at the bottom of the screen.
- Choose your language and select I accept, click Next.
- Choose Custom Install and click Next.
- Keep MySQL setting and click Next.
- Enter the database name, change the host name to localhost , and enter the database admin username and password. Keep the Sugar database the same as admin user. Click Next.
- Leave the URL as is (eg http://crm.yourdomain.com), enter a system name (eg CRM - YourDomain) and create a Sugar admin user password. Click Next.
- Make appropriate site security settings and click Next.
- Customise locale settings to suit and click Next.
- On the Confirm Settings page click Install (it should only takes a few seconds).
- Upload a language pack if required and click Next.
- Enter registration details (this is optional) and click Next.
- On first login you will be required to enter your correct time zone.
You are now ready to configure SugarCRM.
Thanks for visiting.