How to upgrade Nextcloud
Nextcloud has its own built-in updater. The update process includes checking for any 'unknown' files or folders. You will need to remove any that are discovered before the upgrade can go ahead.
- Go to the Settings page (click your avatar, top-right).
- Select Administration > Overview in the left pane.
- Click the Open updater button.
- Click Start update.
- Click the No (for usage of the web based updater) button.
- Click Go back to your Nextcloud instance to finish the update.
- Make a note of information on this screen.
- Click the Start update button to apply the update to your database.
If you are using a theme, you will need to edit the config/config.php file in order to reinstate it. Additionally the .htaccess file gets overwritten as part of the upgrade process, so you might decide to edit this file, for improved security and you will need to add in the settings to force SSL.
The default favicon at /core/img/favicon.ico will get overwritten.
Finally don't forget to move back any files or folders that you might've removed as part of the upgrade process.
Thanks for visiting.