Using Course Templates
Creating a template
Start by logging on to Moodle as an administrator.
- Browse to the course that you want to create a template from.
- Select the cog (top-right) and then Backup.
- Deselect Include enrolled users.
- Click Jump to final step.
- Click Continue.
- Click Manage backup files.
- Here you can rename your backup file to MyCourseTemplate.mbz.
It's also a good idea to download this template for safe keeping.
Deploying from template
Now you can use this template course to create new courses.
- Go to Site administration > Courses > Restore course.
- Click the Restore link next to your newly created template.
- Click Continue on the summary page.
- In the Restore as a new course section, select the category for your new course, and click Continue.
- Check the Restore settings and click Next.
- Enter the Course name, Course short name, Course start date and click Next.
- Click Perform restore.
- Click Continue to view the course.
Thanks for visiting.