Celebrating Success with a Certificate
If students have managed to complete one of your courses, you might consider giving them a certificate. This article describes how to install the Certificate module, and make some initial configurations. This article was written using Moodle 3.3.
Before installing the Certificate Module, you should back up your Moodle site.
Start by downloading the version of the Certificate Module that matches your Moodle installation (eg. Moodle 3.3).
- Log on to your Moodle site with an admin account.
- Install the customcert module in the usual way.
- Click the Upgrade Moodle database now button.
- Click Continue.
- Click Save changes.
- Go to Site administration > Plugins > Custom Certificate.
- Click Upload image.
- Upload any images, and Save changes.
You need to upload images that you want to use for your Certificate. I create a background.svg file using Inkscape. You can also upload any signatures you want to use.
- Click Manage templates.
- Click Create template to create a new one.
Here you can use your images, and dynamic text fields like studentname and coursename. You can click Reposition elements to get your layout how you like it. You can also copy existing templates.
Adding Certificate to your Courses
- Open your course for editing.
- Click the Add an activity or resource link.
- Choose Custom certificate.
- Click Add.
- Click the newly created Certificate.
- You'll see the Download certificate button.
- Click the Cog (top-right) and choose Edit certificate.
- In the Load template section, select the template and click Load.
- Make any other changes to the Certificate that you see fit.
Thanks for visiting.