Removing the Moodle Logo
When developing a branded learning platform, you may wish to remove the Moodle branding. This article was written using the Clean theme that comes with Moodle 2.x. Hopefully it might be useful for other themes too.
Start by uploading your new favicon.ico. Then you can clear the web server cache and refresh your browser.
- In your preferred File Manager browse to /theme/clean/pix.
- Upload your new favicon.ico file.
- Login to your Moodle site with an Administrator account.
- Go to Site administration > Appearance > Themes > Theme selector.
- Click the Clear Theme Caches button.
- Refresh your browser to see the new favicon.
For this task you will need to edit some files that make up the theme.
- In your preferred File Manager browse to /theme/clean/layout.
- Open columns1.php for editing.
- Comment out the line near the bottom in the page footer section...
// echo $OUTPUT->home_link();
Repeat the above procedure for columns2.php and columns3.php.
Thanks for visiting.