Verifying Self Registration
Start by signing up to the reCAPTCHA service at Google
- Browse to http://www.google.com/recaptcha/intro/index.html.
- Click the Get reCAPTCHA button.
- Click Sign Up Now.
- Enter your Domain name (note that you can use the same reCAPTCHA passwords for any subdomains).
- You will then be able to make a note of the Public Key and the Private Key.
Now that you have the Public and Private keys, you will need to configure your Moodle site to be able to use them.
- Browse to Administration > Site administration > Plugins > Authentication > Manage authentication.
- Click the link for Email-based Self-registration settings.
- Enable the reCAPTCHA element and click Save changes.
- Go to Plugins > Authentication > Manage Authentication.
- Enable Self Registration.
- Enter the Public Key and the Private Key.
- Click Save Changes.
Now new users will be able to create their own Moodle Account, but they will have enter a reCAPTCHA code, to prove that they are human!
Thanks for visiting.