How to configure Front Accounting
Here are some of the configurations you will want to make to a clean install of Front Accounting. Of course every installation is different but these steps will hopefully give you a starting position.
Let's get started
- Logon as Admin with the password that you set.
- Go to Setup > User Accounts Setup and create a new user account with system administrator access.
- Logon as the new admin user.
- Go to Setup > Company Setup and change the Company Logo. This will put your logo as a header on invoices etc.
- Copy your own favicon.ico into the root directory.
- Setup > Company Setup -- Enter your company details.
- Setup > Display Setup -- Confirm all options.
- Setup > Taxes -- Create a new tax type of "none" for "Sales" and "General Expenses" with a default rate of 0%.
- Setup > Tax Groups -- Create a new tax group with description of "none".
- Setup > Fiscal Years -- Create suitable fiscal years (you may have to use phpMyAdmin to edit the existing entry.
- Setup > Payment Terms -- Setup your own acceptable payment terms.
- Setup > Print Profiles -- Delete all printing profiles.
- Setup > Printers -- Delete all printers.
- Setup > Points of Sale -- Delete all existing POS.
- Banking and General Ledger > Bank Accounts -- Delete all bank accounts and add your own, including at least one cash account that can be used as a POS.
- Setup > Points of Sale -- Create a new POS using the new cash account created in the previous step.
- Banking and General Ledger > Exchange Rates -- Collect Exchange Rates as necessary by clicking on "Get" and then "Add new".
- Items and Inventory > Inventory Locations -- Add your own locations.
- Items and Inventory > Item Categories -- Add or remove categories.
- Items and Inventory > Units of Measure -- Add or remove your own units.
- Items and Inventory > Item Tax Types -- Add new Tax Type "None".
- Items and Inventory > Items -- Create some new sales items.
- Sales > Sales Areas -- Edit your Sales regions / areas.
- Sales > Sales Persons -- Add your sales people.
- Sales > Sales Types -- Define your own Sales Types as required. Have a least one Sales Type called "Base Pricing" set to a factor of 1.0000.
- Setup > Company Setup -- Define the "Base for auto price calculations".
- Items and Inventory > Sales Pricing -- Define your Sales Pricing primarily using the "Base Pricing" Sales Type.
Perform a backup
- Setup > Backup and Restore -- Create a new backup, include a note to describe this as your "Initial Setup" backup.
Thanks for visiting.