Accessing NFS shares from your Ubuntu server
If you've built a file server that uses the NFS protocol, (see Openfiler sharing), this article describes how to access the NFS share from an Ubuntu server
- sudo apt-get install portmap nfs-common
Portmap lock-down (optional)
Add the following line to hosts.deny.
- sudo vi /etc/hosts.deny
portmap : ALL
Add the following to hosts.allow, where ipaddress is the ip address of your NFS server.
- sudo vi /etc/hosts.allow
portmap : ipaddress
Mount the share
- sudo vi /etc/fstab
- add the following single line...
- 192.168.1.2:/full/server/directory /your/mount/directory nfs rsize=8192,wsize=8192,timeo=14,intr
- mkdir /your/mount/directory
- sudo mount /your/mount/directory
Thanks for visiting.