Managing Local Group Policies in Server 2008
If you've installed Active Directory in Server 2008, Group Policy Manager is installed by default. However if you're using a stand-alone Server 2008 and you want to make Group Policy changes on the local machine, this article will show you the steps involved so that you can get started.
Microsoft Management Console (MMC)
MMC is a basic tool that's available in any Windows Server.
- Click Start > Run, type mmc, and then press Enter.
- You will now have an empty console called Console1.
- Choose File > Add / Remove Snap-in (or press CTRL + M).
- In the left pane select Group Policy Object Editor, and click Add.
- In the Select Group Policy Object dialog box, click Finish.
- Click OK.
If you choose File > Save As, you'll be able to create a shortcut to this console, for future use.
Thanks for visiting.