How to rename files using Automator
Start by browsing to the Applications Folder.
- Double-click the Automator icon.
- Choose On My Mac > Desktop, for the location of your Automator Tool, and click Done.
- If a new Untitled (Workflow) doesn't appear, click File > New.
- Select Application, and click Choose.
- In the Actions pane, select Files & Folders to filter the selection.
- Drag Rename Finder Items into the main Window.
- If you want to create a copy file, select Add, otherwise select Don't Add.
- Choose one of the following dropdown options...
- Add Date or Time
- Add Text
- Change Case
- Make Sequential
- Replace Text
- Name Single Item
- Make settings to rename the files.
- Note that you can drag multiple Rename Finder Items to your Automator application.
- Click File > Save.
- Save your Automator application on your desktop.
When you drag files that you want to rename, onto the Automator application that you've just saved on your desktop, your files will be automatically renamed.
Thanks for visiting.