Create a Bootable Live USB drive
Modern computers often support booting to a USB drive. This article describes the process of creating your own bootable Linux. I used a Mac when installing UNetbootin, but I suspect it'll be very similar whichever operating system you use.
Download and install
Start by visiting the UNetbootin website.
- Download the UNetbootin software.
- Copy it to your Applications/Utilities folder.
- Insert the formatted USB drive that you want to use.
- Run the UNetbootin application.
- Enter your Password to allow osascript to make changes.
- From here you can select from the many supported distros.
- If you have already downloaded an ISO file, you can click the radio button for Diskimage, and browse for an ISO file.
- Select your USB drive from the drop-down list.
- Click OK.
You will now see a progress dialog box. Click Exit when it finishes.
Here are some distros that I regularly use with a USB drive.
- Parted Magic
Thanks for visiting.