Build a Zenoss Server
Start by installing Ubuntu Jeos with the following considerations.
- 384 MB Memory.
- 4 GB Hard drive.
- Hostname: monitor.
- Software selection: None.
- Static IP address (eg 192.168.1.251).
- You don't need to install snmp.
- Join AD domain if you have one.
Log on to the new server and perform the following:
1. Add the Zenoss repository to the /etc/apt/sources.list file
- sudo vi /etc/apt/sources.list
- # Zenoss repository
- deb http://dev.zenoss.org/deb main stable
2. Then enter the following:
- sudo apt-get update
- sudo apt-cache search zenoss-stack
- sudo apt-get install zenoss-stack
- sudo /etc/init.d/zenoss-stack start
You are now ready to start configuring your Zenoss server.
Thanks for visiting.