Getting started with ESXi 4
Here are some of the basic configurations that you'll want to set for your ESXi server.
- Install the vSphere Client.
- Using the vSphere Client, log on to the server for the first time.
- With the server selected in the left pane, select the Configuration tab.
- Software > Licensed Features, and then click the Edit link top right.
- In the assign Licence dialog box select the radio button Assign a new license key to this host and paste your free key in the box provided.
- With the server selected, go to Configuration > Software > Time Configuration.
- Click Properties top right.
- In the Time Configuration dialog box click Options.
- Choose NTP Settings and add 0.pool.ntp.org, 1.pool.ntp.org etc.
- Select Restart NTP service.... Click OK and click OK again. If the time is a long way out you will need to manually adjust it now.
- Configuration > Hardware > Networking. From here you can add and edit vSwitches.
Thanks for visiting.