Domain can't be found
You may find that your Windows 7 workstation won't join your ClearOS domain, giving an error message of 'Domain can't be found'. This article describes the procedure of overcoming this issue. This fix also works for Windows 8, 8.1 and 10.
Start by logging on to your Windows workstation, with a local admin account.
- Go to Start.
- Type Regedit in the Search bar, and run the application that appears.
- In the left pane, browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\LanmanWorkstation\Parameters.
- Create two new DWORD parameters (right-click in the main window) with the following names and values respectively.
- Value = 1
- Value = 0
Windows 10 extra step
I've found recently that I had to perform this extra step with recent versions of Windows 10.
- Go to Control Panel.
- Click Programs.
- Click the link Turn Windows features on or off.
- In the dialog box, enable SMB 1.0/CIFS Server and Client.
- Restart your workstation.
I also found that I had to apply updates to Windows 10 before this fix was complete.
Thanks for visiting.