Configuring SAN storage for your backup server
Install new hard drive
- Create a new iSCSI volume in Openfiler.
- Connect to the new storage from your VMware ESXi host.
- Power down the backup server.
- In the vSphere client, choose Edit Settings for the backup server and add a new hard drive.
- Power up the backup server and login.
- Add the new hard drive, and mount it to /mnt/tmp.
- Formatting will take quite a while for a large drive.
Mount new drive
- sudo /etc/init.d/backuppc stop
- sudo cp -dpR /var/lib/backuppc/. /mnt/tmp
- sudo umount /mnt/tmp
- sudo mv /var/lib/backuppc /var/lib/backuppc.bak
- sudo mkdir /var/lib/backuppc
- Edit the fstab file to mount the new hard drive to /var/lib/backuppc
- sudo vi /etc/fstab
- sudo mount /var/lib/backuppc
- sudo chown backuppc:backuppc /var/lib/backuppc
- sudo /etc/init.d/backuppc start
Thanks for visiting.