You need to build your own ubuntu jeos server with the following considerations.
- Hostname: backup-01.
- Software Selection: LAMP server, Samba file server.
- Enter a password for the MySQL "root" user.
- Static IP Address (eg 192.168.1.244).
- sudo apt-get install backuppc
- Package configuration: select apache2.
- You don't need to note the password (see step below).
- Click Ok to continue the installation.
- Change the backuppc password.
- sudo htpasswd /etc/backuppc/htpasswd backuppc
You might've simply installed BackupPC on a server with lots of storage. Alternatively you could build it in a virtual infrastructure for added storage flexibility.
- Configure iSCSI storage (for virtual infrastructures only).
You will now be able to configure your BackupPC from a web browser.
Thanks for visiting.