How to get better sound quality
This soundfont is approx 240MB, compared to about 3MB for the default Windows soundfont.
- The SGM-V2.01 can be downloaded as a .7z file.
- Install 7-Zip in order to extract the .sf2 Sound Font file.
- Copy the extracted .sf2 file to C:\ directory.
In order to use the .sf2 file, we will need to download Virtual Midi Synth. Run the downloaded .exe file and follow the Wizard to install VirtualMidiSynth.
- Go to Start > All Programs > CoolSoft VirtualMIDISynth > Configure VirtualMIDISynth.
- Select the MIDI Mapper tab.
- Change Default MIDI Out device to CoolSoft VirtualMIDISynth.
- Select the Soundfonts tab.
- Click the plus symbol, and browse to C:\SGM-V2.01.sf2.
- Click OK.
Thanks for visiting.