Getting started with HandBrake
Installing HandBrake on Mac OSX
Here are the installation steps.
- Visit the HandBrake download section.
- Download the appropriate version for your desktop.
- Double-click the .dmg file and copy the contents into your Applications folder.
- You might want to drag the HandBrake application to your Dock for easy access.
Your first DVD recording
- Insert your DVD.
- Close the DVD player if it loads automatically.
- Click the HandBrake icon in your Dock.
- In the Open Dialog box that appears choose the DVD, and click Open.
- Install VLC (from the link given) if you haven't got it already.
- HandBrake will now scan the DVD.
- In the Destination section enter the name of the film.
- Click Start.
Depending on how long the film is, and how powerful your Mac is, HandBrake will now take some time to create the video file.
Thanks for visiting.